Sarah Bentz is an LPC-S, who has been working in private practice since 2009. She has a passion for sharing her own experiences in setting boundaries both personally and professionally. Her desire is that through the DVD you will be encouraged as a helping professional to take care of yourself by setting boundaries to protect what is most important: YOU!
This course is offered for sale on DVD
Boundaries and Self-Care in the Helping Professions – $ 50.00
Obtain 3 CEU hours towards LPC/LMFT/LSW
- Are you having difficulty finding a balance between taking care of yourself and those that you serve?
- Are you needing to know red flags to watch for or questions to ask yourself to guide you in setting boundaries with others?
- Do you need some ideas for resources to use to take care of yourself?
This DVD is for individuals in the helping professions that have the desire to give to and help others, but may find themselves worn out both professionally and personally. It is imperative that the helping professional learn the basics of boundaries to protect themselves in order to care for those that they help. Burn-out is too common in the profession because professionals are taking care of everyone except the one person that needs it the most: themselves.
Topics included in the training:
- The definition of a boundary in relation to the helping professions
- Basic boundary issues that come up in the mental health field and how to determine where to set boundaries with the people you help
- Five Laws of boundaries and how to apply them personally
- Tips on how to avoid burn-out
- Practical ideas to incorporate self-care