Dr. Johnson is an LPC-S, LMFT-S, and RPT-S, who is passionate about supervision. She is committed to ensuring that the training course includes information needed for a supervisor to be fully informed and comply with the most current board rules. Dr. Johnson has supervised Interns and Associates since 2007 both individually and in groups. She has provided supervision for supervisees within her practice, for those outside of her practice, and for supervisees with multiple sites including community agencies, adoption agencies, and churches.
6 Supervisor Refresher CEU hours are required for LPC’s
3 Supervisor Refresher CEU hours are required for LMFT’s
6 Ethics CEU hours are required for LMFT’s
Live Training in Fort Worth:
SEPTEMBER 28, 2018: DEADLINE SEPTEMBER 21, 2018
Live Training in Amarillo:
OCTOBER 11, 2018: DEADLINE OCTOBER 3, 2018
This Refresher will be from 7:30am-2:00pm and will be combined with the 2nd day of a Supervisor Training .
If you are needing a customized version of the training for LMFT and LSW, please register on the form at the bottom of this page.
COST: $150.00 (non-refundable) FOR 6 CEU credits
COST: $75.00 (non-refundable) for 3 CEU credits Building the Relationship OR Ethics in Supervision
Supervision Portfolio of essential documents in Microsoft Word and Excel (e-mailed after completing the online training)
- Wanting a LPC, LMFT, or LSW Supervisor Refresher Training Course that is practical and comprehensive on important aspects of supervising LPC-Interns, LMFT
- Associates, or Social Workers?
- Do you need training as a supervisor due to a promotion in a supervisor role in your agency or organization?
- Do you need the most up to date information on the Board Rules and Code of Ethics and how they affect you as a supervisor?
Topics included in the training:
PART I: The Supervision Relationship
- Building the Relationship – 21 activities/resources to use in supervision
- Activities for Building the Relationship in Supervision
- Assessing the Preferences of Your Supervisee for Supervision
- Activities to Enhance Learning in Supervision
- Effective Models of Supervision
- Theory Based and Non-theory Based Models of Supervision
- Integrated Developmental Model of supervision (combined with a compiled list of the most common events that occur in mental health to address with a supervisee to prepare for the future)
- Step by Step process to Reduce Liability Risks When choosing Who to Supervise
- Supervision Structure
- Up to Date List of All Possible Intern and Associate Sites in Dallas/Ft. Worth by Specialization (to assist Supervisees with finding possible sites)
PART II: ETHICS IN SUPERVISION
- Responsibilities in Supervision
- Ethical Paperwork in Supervision
- LPC/LMFT Informed Consent Documents
- LPC/LMFT Supervision Contracts
- Consent to Video Recording
- Intern Informed Consent for clients
- Custom Developed On-Site Supervisor Release and Acknowledgement of Supervisee Responsibilities (for Supervisees with multiple sites or a Supervisor who is not working at the Intern site)
- Custom Developed Beginning Supervision Checklist (includes information to reduce liability risks and to exceed board requirements)
- Custom Developed Supervision Weekly Documentation Form (Keeps the Supervisor up-to-date on what the Supervisee implemented since the last supervision session, what needs to be addressed along with holding a Supervisee accountable for notes, treatment plans, call logs, and termination forms)
- Custom Developed Supervision Logs (specifically designed for LPC Interns and LMFT Associates, including spaces to document the 7 items required by the LPC Board)
- Supervisee Leave of Absence Contract
- Supervisee Remediation Plan
- Evaluations including Custom Developed Evaluations to use in Supervision for both the Supervisee (for self, from supervisor, and for Supervisor) and for the Supervisor
- Ethical and Legal Guidelines for Supervisors
- Knowledge of the LPC/LMFT Code through a comprehensive quiz on the Board Rules and Code of Ethics to later use with supervisees